The many advantages offered by Plovdiv Free Zone, its infrastructure and services make it an attractive distribution and trade center.
Its favorable location in the very heart of the Balkan Peninsula makes it even more attractive for foreign investors. The Zone’s location in a country like Bulgaria, with its political stability adds even more incentives for the investors. The incentives provided in Bulgarian legislation are another factor contributing to the attractiveness of the Zone:
· Duty free import and export of goods, machines and equipment, raw materials, etc.;
· Exemption from VAT, local taxes and fees;
· Investments guarantee and double taxation agreements in force;
· Leasing out manufacturing halls and warehousing facilities;
· Establishment of enterprises with 100% foreign capital on the territory of the Zone or of joint-ventures with no restrictions in share participation for foreign and local companies;
· All activities and transactions in the zone could be done by companies registered in accordance with the Bulgarian Commerce Act as well as any other national legislation;
· Exemption from import-export formalities, avoiding bureaucracy;
· Excellent access to Europe, the Middle East as well as to the Bulgarian market.;
· Qualified and comparatively cheap labor force.